EU government affairs managerApply now
EU government affairs manager
- 13th month + holiday allowance
- 20 + 12 holidays
- Hospitalization and group insurance
- Bonus program
- Training & learning opportunities
- Green mobility program
- Flexible rewards program
Are you looking to join a small and international team passionate about EU government? You will work in a dynamic environment on a broad range of topics, interacting closely with business leaders from across Europe and the world.
Based in our Brussels office, you will report to our Senior Manager, EU Government Relations, and support the execution of our EU Government Relations programme. This includes:
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on key public policy issues and public funding developments relevant to our business
- Identifying, shaping, and delivering opportunities to position the company and its leadership externally at the intersection of business and government (e.g., events, industry initiatives)
- Developing and maintaining trusted relationships across the EU institutions, with trade associations and with fellow industry government relations representatives
In your role, you will also be called on to support the Managing Director, Europe Government Relations as well as Government Relations colleagues from across Europe and globally on strategic initiatives and projects.
Your profile & Background:
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- A Master degree in Political-Sciences, EU governance or legal as educational background, or equivalent by experience
- Thorough understanding of the EU policymaking process and political environment, developed by working for 6-8 years in the EU Institutions, in government, for a trade association, and/or in the field of government relations
- Specific experience with or interest in the digital/technology sector and its associated public policy issues (e.g., artificial intelligence, data, cloud, cybersecurity, 5G)
- Strong ability to simplify and convey complex information for internal and external audiences in various formats (e.g., presentations, verbal, and written briefings); experience presenting in internal and external meetings and fora
- Solid project management skills, trusted to deliver high-quality outcomes and work products on time
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, additional competence in other European languages a strong plus
- Ability to adapt flexible to new priorities and timelines in response to shifting business demands
- Highly collaborative approach, with a desire to solve for the business and the team
Accenture is an incredible place to work - and keep learning. By joining us, you’ll become part of a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Besides the work we do for our clients, we’re really proud of our vibrant, diverse workplace culture: we believe in openness and honesty, fairness and equality, common sense and realism. We want to get to know the real you and help you explore and grow - whatever it is you're great at. So you will always have lots of learning opportunities (formal and informal) to improve your role-specific skills and expertise.
Besides our high-profile, challenging projects and our nurturing work environment, we offer excellent employee benefits, including:
13th month + holiday allowance
20 + 12 holidays
Laptop and smartphone
A Company Car or Green mobility program: e-bikes, public transport, bike 2 work allowance,…
Hospitalization insurance and extensive group insurance package
Training & learning opportunities
Flexrewards: decide on your rewards package with our flexible benefits tool
Discount program: get discounts at your favorite (online) shops
Employee shares purchase plan
And many more!
Are you ready to join Accenture for a career where you can be yourself and do what you love? Apply now and change the world around you.
We believe it is crucial that you know where you stand during your application, and what the next steps are. Our process is short - but thorough - and we'd like to get to know you, and see if we are a great fit. Please connect with our recruiters in case of questions.
Found a fitting vacancy or role? Great! Apply by sending in your CV and cover letter and let's get started. Contact our recruiters in case of questions, they are here to help and guide you.
During the interview, we'd love to get to know you and see if there is a match with our brand and brand values. We will discuss your ambitions and past experiences and tell you all you want to know about the role.
In the second interview, our senior management would love to get to know you. We will continue to discuss your ambitions, past experiences and we can answer any question you have about the position and work at Accenture.
If we are all happy to proceed after the interviews, we'd like to make you an offer to join Accenture. We hope we can welcome you soon as a new colleague!
We'd like to welcome you to Accenture and are excited that you have accepted our job offer and agreed upon your start date. You will meet all the other new joiners and continue your career at Accenture.